This 7-Year Old Wasted $5900 Playing Games On His Dad's iPad

This isn’t new, last year, Kanye west’s daughter did the same, but this story has a little twist.
Meet the 7-year old Faisall Shugaa who secretly memorized the password on his dad’s iPad then made about 65 transactions worth $5900 while playing Jurrasic World.
kid spends $5900
According to Phonearena:

“The youngster was playing Jurassic World on his dad’s iPad, and paid to have the dinosaurs upgraded using the Dino Bucks currency in the game. He says that he was not aware that he was spending real money.”
271504022230responsivedesignin2015

His dad, Mohamed who owns a carpet store realized this and angrily called Apple Inc. because they didn’t do anything to verify that the purchases made within the short time were actually him.

“I’m 32 years old, why would Apple think I would be spending thousands of pounds on buying dinosaurs and upgrading a game?,” he said. “Why didn’t they email me to check I knew these payments were being made? I got nothing from them. How much longer would it have gone on for?”

Apple, after realizing that Mohamed needed the money to buy gifts for his children gave him a complete refund.
download (3)
Now, do you honestly think that he should have been given a complete refund? It isn’t Apple’s fault he made his password easy, is it?

22 comments on “This 7-Year Old Wasted $5900 Playing Games On His Dad's iPad

1. I think the refund isn’t bad,in all fairness the youngster spent ignorantly and the dad was right an email would have helped in this situation.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

But, it isnt Apple’s fault his son was careless. Is it?

1. Noni says:

His son wasn’t careless, he was playing a game that did not make it clear he was spending real money.
        It is Apple’s fault if the purchase was made in quick succession. That should have flagged up something.
        But then his father is also at fault for not setting his device with a better password, especially if he lets his children play games on it.

2. Presh Onyee says:

I saw this on PA early this morning and I was laughing imagining if it was in naija this happened, convert that bucks to naira over N1m wey go pay skul fees plus house rent and u use am play game? (evil child). Ur own don finish infact e don over ripe…u go run 100meters relay hawk gala and lacasera for berger go-slow, 7 years the money never reach half self. Lmao

3. FELIX says:

He shouldnt have been given a complete refund..besides, who asked him to leave his ipad at home”

4. emmaedeh says:

Nice of Apple to refund. that cash was enough to buy a small car, or start a small business.

1. Kay says:

That cash is the “prize” Tony Elumelu is giving out……. It’s even more than that if we use the 270/$ i was charged last week.
      That kid needs to be thought the value of money!
      Does he think he is North-West?

1. Noni says:

It isn’t a North West thing, how many 7 year olds understand the value of money? Few to none.
        I’m curious as to how it was presented in the game. I’m sure the developers knew the age group the game was targeted at. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was designed in such a way that it doesn’t make it clear you’re spending real money, not “dinosaur bucks”

5. It is Apple’s fault they should have sent a message before confirming payment, if they do not refund the money their company reputation will reduce for sure.

1. Noni says:

Thing is, to buy in-app purchases, you have to put in your ID password. This guy either didn’t set his device to ask for the ID password when buying in-app purchases or, worst still, his son knew what it was. I suspect the latter.

6. Bkk says:

It’s Apple Fault oh!.. upon all there security question and tasks they should have been notify him even with an email… if na me High Court Of Justice must hear o

7. Abdul Abdul says:

Well if it happened in Naija your body go hear am before Apple does

8. DY says:

Let’s not blame the dad for leaving his iPad at home, or for using a simple password. Anything can happen. And I think it’s apple’s fault, cause at the moment the money is becoming too much, they should have mailed him to report the strange and suspected activity going on.

9. precious says:

I can only laugh.
    If na my dad, you don die be that na.

Lol, my dad will use it & settle me for life then disown me

11. Joshua says:

lol, he deserve a refund, assuming say naa naija, that child for know. The guy was kinda careless

12. micheal adeniji says:

Apple is been fair here.. That child tho.. He wanna run down his father’s savings….

13. I don’t know who to blame, Apple 🍎 should quietly refund the money 💰 shikenan.

14. Emmy says:

He really lack home training, his mate is supposed to be busy with school stuffs and not game.

15. optimusPRIME says:

its apple’s fault…”dinosaur bucks ain’t dollar bills”…dat should have been made VERY CLEAR!!!!

16. What a lack of home training he had……

17. In naija u don’t try that rubbish ooo