Trending on Social

11 Of The Realest And Funniest #NoToSocialMediaBill Tweets

Yesterday, a Senator Bala Ibn Na’allah  proposed 2-year jail term for offenders of abusive statements on social media. The bill states that anybody or group of persons who publishes any statement in the newspaper or who sends any false text message or post false messages on the social media against another person shall be jailed for two years upon conviction by the law court. The bill was tagged: “A Bill for an Act to Prohibit Frivolous Petitions and other Matters Connected therewith.”
Immediately after this got published, Twitter Nigeria went haywire and started the #NoToSocialMediaBill trend.
v45yp
Here are some of the realest and definitely funny tweets from the trend.

Trust Twitter Nigerians to Fish Out Senator Bala
notoscialmediabill 2

notosocialmediabill 1

notoscialmediabill 11

This is too real

notoscialmediabill 10

notoscialmediabill 9

notoscialmediabill 7

notoscialmediabill 5

notoscialmediabill 6

notoscialmediabill 4

notoscialmediabill 3

notoscialmediabill 12

Are you on the #NoToSocialMediaBill Train?

11 comments on “11 Of The Realest And Funniest #NoToSocialMediaBill Tweets

This is why I love Twitter.
    I was feeling a down yesterday till I entered Twitter & saw this trend, I found myself laughing & change of mood from sad to happy.
    Something (social media bill) that is not possible in Nigeria for now, people like Omojuwa, Ayorb, DOlusegun, etc. will frustrate this move.

1. Titi says:

I know right, this man just want us to know his name, now we know . can you go back to your village

LMAO, you’re wicked!

2. chukwudi says:

Lmao, these tweets though .lol .. Like titi rightly said, this man just wanted us to know his name, now that we know him, can he try shift to one side. Attention seeker

3. DY says:

I wonder how our leaders think. It’s so absurd. How could they ever think of sending people to jail, all because they expressed how they feel. If only they were God. I doubt it if anyone would still be on earth. To hell with them!

4. arsey says:

I can’t believe that stupid man said that shit!,
    he must be really crazy .we can’t talk in front of them so he wants to close our mouth from t talking in their back. criminals

1. Chukwudi says:

The man is just a stupid attentiom seeker

After using social media to expose GEJ & co. they now want to silent it so we won’t check mate them :’)

6. OptimusPRIME says:

Complete Misplaced Priority!!! And Nigeria is not iran or one of does arab nations, where peeps can’t tweet freely!!! Dey shuld nt even try it!!!!