I don’t want to make an absolute statement, but with Apple’s Q3 earning report, it is safe to assume that currently, no device born of an Android can kill Apple Inc. These guys are high on expensive crack!!
The multinational corporation sold a total of 48 million devices in 3 months, which raked in revenues of $51.5 billion and $1.96 earnings per share during the quarter,
In a new interview with the Journal, Cook attributed the iPhone’s continued growth to a record number of Android defectors. Cook revealed that 30% of new iPhone buyers came from Android.
Asides the iPhone sales, Apple also set a new quarterly record for Mac sales, with 5.71 million sold.
The only downside in their report was the 19.5% decline in iPad sales.
See a summary of their earnings versus analysts’ expectations.
- Revenue: $51.5 billion versus expectations of $51.04 billion
- EPS: $1.96 versus expectations of $1.88
- iPhone units: 48.05 versus expectations of 48.5 million
- iPad units: 9.88 versus expectations of 10.2 million
- Mac units: 5.71 million versus expectations of 5.6 million
- Gross margin: 39.9% versus expectations of 39.3%
- December quarter revenue: $75.5-$77.5 versus expectations of $77.13 billion.
Honestly, Apple Inc. is proving to us that they are not in anyone’s league. However, if you read Macbeth’s story by Williams Shakespeare, you should know who killed Macbeth at the end of the day.