Are You A Torrent Lover? You Might Not Like Google's Move

Any torrent lover in the house?
Thats_So_Me
Well, you might not like the fact that Google is interfering with your romance.  Last week, the company started blocking the http://kat.cr or https://kat.cr website. According to them, it contains Malware – since when you might ask.
kickass_torrents_chrome_warning
This issue is currently affecting Chrome and Firefox.  Chrome users are told that “Attackers on kat.cr might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience, while Firefox users are told that “This webpage at kat.cr has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
kickass_torrents_firefox_warning
Of course, there is always a way around it, just click visit the site on chrome and ignore this warning on Firefox.
I can imagine if they ban torrent sites completely.
1425040916holi-sheldon-cooper-1
In other related news, how dare Google protect people. Those monsters!

12 comments on “Are You A Torrent Lover? You Might Not Like Google's Move

1. Cirphrank says:

Seem you love Scheldon as much as I do.

2. Kay says:

I was just about to say that….. 🙂
    Tobi are you crushing on Shelly?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Lool… I am not crushing.. This is love.. Real love

3. micheal adeniji says:

Good and Bad Move… Em nat dat interested in torrent tho..E no concern me

4. Lewis Daniel says:

Who does Google protect ??

5. Kofoworola Shittu says:

Quite simplified. Compared to where I first read about it. Nice one.
    P. S: Please keep sharing your articles on LinkedIn. Thank you in advance.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Wow thank you so much Kofo… Will definitely do.

6. Yemi Daisi says:

It’a not that much of a horror, mostly cause a lot of all those torrents sites actually do contain loads of links and pop ups that redirects you to a certain malware. Sadly a lot of newbies fall for them.
    For example if you don’t look well on extratorrent you might end up downloading the torrent with some recommended download manger (which comes with malware). And of course the tons of ads, about 50% of this ads end up installing malwares on your computer.
    LOL @ “how dare Google protect people. Those monsters!”…….some sense of humour

7. Adaobi says:

Look, I’m already in England where these sites have already been blocked by our ISP providers. KickAss Torrents have a decent mobile app (with one major annoying bug – crashes every time you attempt to sign in. Plus, the ads are rather annoying since they also pop up as push notifications, but I’ll live) and those sites haven’t been blocked on mobile internet. So, we’ve been rather creative over here with accessing torrent sites.
    Although, n00bs do fall prey to malware, folks should really start using good adblocker plugins and paying better attention.

1. Kelvin says:

Heyy Ada not sure why my kickass is acting up here in Nigeria. I can search for any content but cannot download. Any suggestions?

1. Adaobi says:

Sorry Kelvin, I’ve no idea. I do know that KA has a terrible bug – it crashes when you attempt to sign in…oh and I know a few months back, the app didn’t let you search for anything…maybe it’s acting up again?

2. Adaobi says:

Try using the website on your mobile browser, then when you click on the torrent, use your KA app to download from the site (once the prompt comes up), that’s what I used to do when it didn’t let me search.