Reviews

Unboxing The InnJoo Fire Plus – The N27,600 Beauty

As a result of the numerous emails I got from  everyone, I was able to get a copy of the InnJoo Fire Plus – InnJoo’s real deal after the InnJoo Fire. Based on what came to my mind when I first saw the device, I’d say the InnJoo fire plus is a deviation from InnJoo’s norm – a beautiful deviation by the way.
Without further ado, join me in another unboxing.

PACKAGING

InnJoo’s trademark box shouldn’t be foreign to anyone, they have stuck with their packaging for months now and are still sticking with it, However, you get a white cover instead of the red

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (5)

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (7)
Also, there is nothing different about their accessories, you have your wall charger, battery, USB cable, and an earphone. By the way, I love the red earphones that came with the InnJoo Halo and this is no different.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (6)

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (8)

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (9)

MEET THE BAMBOO BEAUTY.

Looks Bamboo but does if feel Bamboo?
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (2)
The InnJoo Fire is a 5.5-inch screen device that has a bamboo textured plastic back. On a first impression, you might be tempted to knock on it to see if it is woody, at least I did, knocked on it a few times.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (20)

When you remove the cover, you are greeted with the battery space, dual Micro-sim card slots and a Micro SD card slot  that is expandable to 128GB!
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (12)

InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (13)

BUTTONS AND SLOTS

On the right side, you should see the silver looking volume and power buttons.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (14)
On the top is your earphone jack.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (15)
And on the bottom is the charging port.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (16)

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOTICE

As said earlier, the first thing you will notice upon unboxing is the InnJoo Fire Plus’s Bamboo like texture – that is if you get this variant, others come in White, Gold and Black variants
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (22)
I love the way the InnJoo logo is engraved in the Bamboo
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (21)

You should also notice the 13MP camera and dual LED flash lens seated underneath the camera.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (3)
By the way, the InnJoo Fire Plus has soft keys placed below the screen
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (4)
And yes!  This time around, the speaker isn’t placed at the back, instead, the InnJoo fire plus has its speaker grills at the bottom of the device, where the charger is placed. Can you see any similarities with the speaker grills?
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (18)
The InnJoo fire plus has a slightly curved arc with a thickness of 5.7mm
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (25) InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (26)
Finally, the front camera is another deviation – it is placed at the right-hand corner of the device and unlike the InnJoo Halo, the InnJoo Fire Plus comes with a proximity sensor.
innjoo fire plus

SNEAK PEEK

The InnJoo Team claims the InnJoo Fire Plus has a Lollipop OS. However, the InJoo Fire Plus comes with an Android Kit-Kat that will be upgraded to Lollipop later this year
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (24)
That is all I can take for this quick unboxing.
InnJoo Fire Plus Unboxing (1)
Stay glued to MissTechy as I give you the full review. By the way, I will love to know your thoughts on the InnJoo Fire Plus.

72 comments on “Unboxing The InnJoo Fire Plus – The N27,600 Beauty

1. Cool device love the wooden back texture

1. Anonymous says:

How can I insert memory card

1. Tonyb says:

SD card slot for Innjoo fire plus 3G is just there for fashion. Its not functioning. I think the problem with this particular model is Jumia…they shipped it into nigeria…every other person bought from them…they must have requested for sub-standard build up so as to make excess profit.
        The official specifications by Innjoo is alot different from what jumia brought into the country… Yeye people

2. Olamide says:

Pls I really need a video wanna get this phone I just want to be sure ive been coming to your website just to get the proper review

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hey Olamide, I will definitely do a video review, it will include a fast charge test since the InnJoo Fire Plus has a fast charge feature, it will also include a battery and multitasking test. What other tests do you want to see?

1. Toljosade says:

Also I will love Antutu benchmark Test
        and I will also like you to advertise the InnJoo Forum in the video review.

3. Kolawole Olamide says:

That all for now

4. Kolawole Olamide says:

And please post the video on nairaland guys are really waiting for it

5. Salisu says:

Cool phone. Nice review.

6. kaybang says:

*interest peaked* N27,600 you say? Ok….

Wow!! Love the size & its bamboo color is so pretty

8. victor says:

Miss Techy,
    Did you make some changes to your blog?
    All your pictures and featured images are not displaying.
    I have never commented on your blog as i have always been a silent follower.

9. Cirphrank says:

Injoo!
    Hmm, anyway, Halo on my mind.

10. felix says:

its a nice one. i mean, i really love the bamboo back. but all the same ill give my complete comment wen i see the complete specs.

11. deo966 says:

actually, what i want to know is about the battery usage, because am a heavy user, i have used infinix hot not, which i really enjoyed d battery, i just wanna no ,how long d battery can use, and camera and can it handle game without any lag….

12. ovie says:

You said the phone will be upgraded to lolipop later this year? How certain?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Based on what they said.

13. Samodan195 says:

This phone is crap jaré
    Innjoo claimed it’s 64bits but it’s 32bits
    It scored 21,139 in Antutu, when my HOT Note scores 28,300.
    Pls in your full review, include an antutu test and a geek bench test.
    I love your site, it’s neat amd beautiful.
    Keep up the good work.

1. Kay says:

You should be aware that the phone currently has two models

2. Victory says:

that’s why I don’t like antutu it’s not consistent and sometimes it’s gets some specs wrong just like CPU Z but it is 64 bit

1. Samodan195 says:

It’s not 64bit, that chipset does not even exist on MediaTek’s website so i don’t know how you want to prove to me that it’s 64bit.
        Oh and Antutu is very consistent and so is CPU Z.

14. Edi Dominic says:

The only part this phone scored high was the body & design, the wooden back cover made it look nice, but then hope we know that style was initially seen on the OnePlus 2 devices recently release last August. :p

15. Kay says:

Tobi where are you! 🙁

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Got my devices semi-stolen. 🙁

1. Kay says:

Semi?
        *thinking*
        Wish I were the theif 😈

16. Aina Babatope says:

That fine bamboo back cover ?

1. Anonymous says:

As in ehn so fine ..plus I love the sides

17. Lewis says:

Ehm Tobi get your facts right, InnJoo said the fire plus comes with KitKat while the fire plus LTE is the one with lollipop soo correct that.

18. Samodan195 says:

Miss techy, pls run benchmark apps like antutu and geek bench in your full review

19. Victory says:

Yeah, the phone looks very nice. Love the bamboo. Anyway you have the kit kat os because you bought the 3G version but if you bought the 4G LTE that’s when you will get android 5.1 lollipop

20. Victory says:

Still waiting on that review Tobi

21. Olumide says:

The device is way better than its price

22. Mayowa says:

Pls does the 4G LTE drains battery so fast

23. Anonymous says:

Rubbish phone with bad camera

24. AddedNew.com says:

Looking at this phone its very good and its worth buying.
    Thanks MissTechy for the full review
    Cheers! from AddedNew.com

25. Greg says:

Hmm.. Abeg, I want the 4G LTE

26. Greg says:

How true is it that the camera is rubbish ?.. I’m actually buying this phone for its beauty and camera. Someone plz speak up. #Thanks

1. nuel says:

Greg i usually never ever believe anything i read about a tecno, infinix or innjor camera, until i go out and see for myself, good thing i live on the island, so easy to get to the nearest slot, micro station or park n shop, i would advise you try to get a video review of th camera test online or go out to anywhere you can find innjoo products and test it and see for yourself, as for me, i never ever believe their camera quality until i see, too much fake advertisement from these guys.

27. Nuel says:

I am impressed to an extent but please when you eventually do your video review, do make out time to tell us about the camera, i have seen too many innjoo, infinix and tecno phones claiming 8mp and 13 mp but in reality the cameras looks shitty compared to the 8mp or 5mp of the iphone 5s, anytime i get close to buying a tecno, Infinix or Innjoo and see the camera for myself, i am always discouraged, please do a proper review on this and about the UI, does it look mature, sleek, i get bored and hate the UI feel of most Tecno devices with the exception to the Phamtom 5, I am least impressed with most of these phones, maybe because i usually measure them with mid range Samsung phones but they still disappoint.

1. socrayhte says:

See my mini contribution below or contact me for more. However the Camera is awesome. I have sampled the range of Cameringo, VSCO, Google, FV-5 and Snap Camera HDR apps. They have all been good while at it, Snap Camera HDR remains my favorite(both for Photo and Video shoots). The latest was streaming my church service online using my FirePlus 3G…I got no complain feedback. So I am dead-impressed with the camera res compared to the entire Tecno families I have pitched with in the field. Guess that’s what has kept me coming back to InnJoo products…there’s definitely something about their camera…and now the InnJoo 2…13MP back and front cams…OMG! It’s worth the try with my Macro Lense Add-Ons

28. Jahanzaib says:

I want to see some pictures which captures from Injoo FIre Plus. Can you send my some pictures?

29. Nuel says:

lovely work you are doing with your blog, i have to hand it to you, my hellos to your littleman, anyways back to the subject matter, i am still waiting for the full video and camera review of this device, good day

1. socrayhte says:

She has done a camera review. Check the Misstechy Youtube page hopefully she hasn’t removed it. However the Camera is awesome. I have sampled the range of Cameringo, VSCO, Google, FV-5 and Snap Camera HDR apps. Honestly, they have all been good while at it, Snap Camera HDR remains my favorite(both for Photo and Video shoots). The latest was streaming my church service online using my FirePlus 3G…I got no complain feedback. So I am dead-impressed with the camera-res compared to the entire Tecno families I have pitched it against while in the field. Guess that’s what has kept me coming back to InnJoo products…there’s definitely something about their camera…and now the InnJoo 2…13MP back and front cams…OMG! It’s worth the try with my Macro Lense Add-Ons.

30. Segun says:

Looks good. Nice back cover…But then the function is what matters most. I hope this one makes the cut this time around.

31. Remi says:

So did it really feel like bamboo…this variant.

1. socrayhte says:

From my POV, there’s the slight rough feel but that doesn’t totally edge out the Plastic rest of the reality in the entire package

32. Elias says:

Misstechy does fire plus support HSDPA? Please reply

33. linah says:

is fire plus sim/network locked? my safaricom sim cannot be detected

1. socrayhte says:

Safaricom is Kenyan right? the FirePlus is unlocked generally, except if there’s a specific geo-restriction there. Otherwise get to you Provider’s Care Service centre or simply try with another sim Make a phone change if both sim aren’t working. Don’t allow any roadside technician void the warranty by tampering with it.

34. socrayhte says:

Honestly, maybe the phone isn’t so bad like that except for a few important miss-outs. I will give a typical what I did to my FirePlus 3G.
    1. Resolved to spraying my phone into black after unboxing and gazing at my Gold-ish Plastic with sheer feeling of disappointment(U can decipher that look). That helped to reduce that plastic atmosphere.
    2. Did away with the original(follow-come) earpiece (for a Remax 535), çause it kept giving me this ear-shock therapy from the silver rings around it.
    3. Went on to rooting, and installing Xposed Framework and Nova Launcher Prime. These combo has helped with managing both the battery life and more(e.g. Removing Innjoo Browser and some Bloatwares, Making the Fire Plus 3G look and behave like Lollipop and perhaps better even etc).
    *By way of information, there are 2 versions of the Fire PLus; 3G and LTE. 5.1 Lollipop availability and support is on LTE version only. Jumia ships/sells only FirePLus 3G in Nigeria!
    **Fast Charge my feet! I at least have tried it on 3 Innjoo product and i was so embittered
    ***I doubt the so-called Dragontrail Glass tech is either a fable(as in Dragon Fairy tale :D) or we are served with an absolute sub-standard. Took 8k to replace my first Innjoo One screen at the Innjoo Care Centre while my Fireplus cracked at one less than a feet fall?
    Now that’s quite a story.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

LMAO ?????.. My goodness all that trouble you went through for a phone. I must give it to you man ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1. Nuel says:

Tobi dear, we share the same love and interest for gadgets, i am a fan and crazy about the best of them, i have also come to understand that most mtk phones (no offence to infinix and tecno) but their megapixel claims are usually false, i have a link to the best camera phones made this year and you would be amazed how some 20 megapixel still fell off and got beaten by some 16 megapixel phones, anyways let’s just say you have a fan who loves as much as you if not more, please do a review on the new Innjoo 2 and Infinix zero 3 and please not the basics, those basic info they usually tell, thanks.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

What Socrayhte said. Like I said in my review, the fact that the InnJoo camera comes with some DSLR settings like setting the exposure and increasing the ISO gives it a higher advantage over some MTK cameras we have these days.

1. nuel says:

yes, agreed tho i expected far better pixels even with the double flash i think it came with, my problem here is, i have seem 8 mp iphone pics and i look at some mtk 13mp and just shake my head, i just don’t get why they call all this things 13mp, the finger print scanner is a good one but overall i would rate the device a 6/10, given no fast charge, one can’t use dual sim and a memory card, not cool, any device coming out at this 2015/2016 should be amazing, not still the basic things we all see, the built and look is what i like tho, UI should have helped but it still is far away from a real deal, thanks anyways, doing a great done dear, enjoy your day.

2. nuel says:

Thanks pal for all your trouble, now the thing is, this is usually why i am always against most of these tecno, innjoo and infinix phones, you tend to go through stress just to make it do your bidding the way, a samsung or htc would normally do, yes i get it, they are cheaper but they keep giving us false info about the strength of their glass, camera quality and silly ui (user interface) seriously only the Tecno phantom 5 has lived up to the billing, the others keep disappointing in terms of features and functionality against what was advertised.

35. Emmanuel says:

please miss tetchy how do I insert my SD card on my innjoo.?is giving me stress. should I push it in or what. mind you my SD card is not big so it couldn’t fill the entire space meant for it. and also it’s from my old techno phone. thank you.

36. Mohamed Magdy says:

When innjoo fire plus 3g update to lollipop android??

1. socrayhte says:

Mohamed, I know Innjoo’s promised to make it available within-before the end of 2016. Honestly, that’s however quite such a long shot. Simply ROOT the phone[Google it]. Install the Xposed Framework and you Open a new world of Outlook as far as replicating exactly the Lollipop and extremely so much more options.

37. Awudu says:

Please thus innjoo fire plus lte support OTG..

38. Shaheen Asmat says:

Where is the Injoo made ……….. I mean country????

39. Ijaz says:

i bought innjoo it does not respond to the sd card
    sd card is not supported is ther any one who can help me

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hi Ijaz, have you tried inserting another card to see ifit wil be recognized?

40. Tonyb says:

41. Zeshan Ch. says:

I bought this mobile last month. All is ok except memory card. Phone doesn’t show the memory card. I tried four SD cards but no one accepted by the phone (Innjoo Fire Plus). The same cards are running smoothly on my other mobile phone. I send it for warranty claim but the buyer send me and asked that everyone is ok and memory card is working. But when i insert the card, the mobile doesn’t show it.
    Can anybody help me in this regard?
    What is the proper way to insert it?

1. mma says:

Pls were u able to sort out the memory card thing, cos this phone is not accepting my memory cards.

42. Mina Nabil says:

can you help me i have disabled fast charge and i don’t know how to enable it again
    while charging a screen appears with ads and when i go to it’s setting there is only one choice which is disable fast charge and i unchecked it to remove the screen with ads the screen disappeared and the fast charge stopped please help

43. Nelson says: