Unboxing The Tecno Phantom 5 – Tecno's Flagship Device

I am so excited because I can’t wait to show you guys see what Tecno has in store for y’all – Premium stuffs.
Join me in unboxing the Almighty Phantom 5 – The best from Tecno Mobile so far.

PACKAGING.

Classy white box with a touch of blue is what you get when you buy the Phantom 5
Tecno Phantom 5 (27)
As seen on the package, you get 2GB data on Airtel, this also gives you a 100% bonus on data recharge for 12 months. While on Etisalat, you get 1GB data for N1,000 for 12 months.
DSC_4360

When you remove the top cover you are graced with the presence of the Phantom 5, beside it, you have a well-packaged earphones. (thieves, remember my taekwondo skills – this earphone is not for thieving)
Tecno Phantom 5 (13)

Tecno Phantom 5 (17)
Honestly, I can go on and on about the gold colored earphones that comes with an inbuilt Hifi speakers, However, I will leave the full gist for the review.
Tecno Phantom 5 (19)

Tecno Phantom 5 (18)

BUTTONS AND SLOTS

On the right side of the device hosts the volume button, power button and the Micro SD card slot that is expandable to 32GB.
Tecno Phantom 5 (20)

IMG_1934

The left side, you have only your micro sim card slot with a dual sim card tray.

Tecno Phantom 5 (24)

Tecno Phanom 5 Unboxing

You also have the earphone jack on top and the charger below.
Tecno Phantom 5 (21)
Of course, for those who didn’t figure it out at first, the Phantom 5’s back cover is not removable which makes the battery nonremovable also.
lolk

ACCESSORIES

Asides the earphones, the Phantom 5 comes with a charger, a Micro sim adapter, a Smart cover, and your manuals.
Tecno Phantom 5 (15) Tecno Phantom 5 (25)

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOTICE

The Phantom 5 is a 5.5-inch screen device available in 3 color variants –  champagne gold, black and white – got the gold version!
IMG_1858
The first thing you will notice is how light the Phantom 5 feels, it comes with a metal casing that  looks premium and feels solid without affecting the weight.
IMG_1899
You will immediately notice the back camera which comes with a dual LED  flash, and yes! the Fingerprint sensor which is seated underneath the camera. By the way, the logo is slightly placed below the Fingerprint sensor – people might not be happy 3 years back, but I think Tecno has earned themselves a spot in the big boys league – so, you should feel proud and flaunt it.

Tecno Phantom 5 (30)

Tecno Phantom 5 Unboxing

Also, the 8MP camera with flash and proximity sensor graces the front screen
Tecno Phantom 5 (31)
The Phantom 5 is slightly curved.
DSC_4409
Lastly, the large speaker grills placed at the back is practically screaming for attention – It’s Dolby sound by the way.
Tecno Phantom 5 (29)

A SNEAK PEAK

Okay, have a sneak peek look at the device before you chop my hands off.
DSC_4394

Since I am nice, you can also see the smart cover.
Tecno Phantom 5 (26)
Lastly, Android Lollipop is the name!Tecno Phantom 5 (28)
That is all I can take guys, do let me know your opinion, You can also suggest the device to use for comparison, provided you will be willing to provide me with it.  Lastly, let me know what you want to see in the full review so I can grant your requests – I want to be your genie in the bottle 😉
What do you think of the unboxing?

31 comments on “Unboxing The Tecno Phantom 5 – Tecno's Flagship Device

1. micheal adeniji says:

Nice one Miss Techy… Video review needed… How bright is the camera, 4G , Finger sensor , Multitasking ,Benchmark score, Ba3 life etc .. Can’t wait 2 see a video Review

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Thanks Micheal, request granted!

2. emmaedeh says:

Great Pics, does this support any form of quick charging? When placed flat on a table does the entire device rest flat, seems like the rear tapers towards the side.
    Truly impressed by how it looks.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hello Emma, I have updated the post to include a photo where it is placed flat on a table, as you can see, it is slightly curved at the back. but it balances a bit on the table, does it support any form of quick charging? Nah

1. Gerald Emmanuel says:

Please miss techy, is the grand theft auto v out for androt? I heard news its out, how do i download it?? Please i need a reply

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hello Gerald, contrary to what this website says, http://gta5android.com/, the GTA 5 is not officially released. As a matter of fact, that website is spammy and could wreck damages to your smartphone if you download the apk and data listed therein, will let you know when it’s been launched.

3. Joshua says:

great one from tecno
    hope it’ll be worth thee price

4. Linda says:

Wow.. Speechless.. Honestly.. This device is fine gal

5. Mr brown says:

Hello Tecno phantom 5
    I thank God for ur good job done, I pray God will add more to ur knowledge Amen.
    Why do u put d power control at d side of the phone. Sometime if u are making calling and ur hand mistakenly touch d power botten d phone will went off… So plz always put ur power control at d top or back of d phone.
    The Sims don’t suppose to be in d same place it’s a big error. U most remove d both Sims b4 u can change it.
    The battery level should be 3500mah for 5.5in screen.
    Front camera should be 16 or 21ps while d front remain 8mg
    D processor can be 2.5 or more….
    Etc
    Then u can talk of best 1st….dear tecno don’t copy other product like Samsung, iPhone, HTC lg etc that are selling money. Do good stuff with affordable price.. And sure u will beat down those name phones money collectors…
    Thanks
    Mr brown

1. jamesFranck says:

Dear Mr Brown,
      Most phone companies or technology companies in general copy each other. Just last month, Apple released their new iPad whose design they clearly copied from Microsoft. So do not say that just Tecno copies.
      JamesFranck

6. Titi says:

I don’t know if it is the pictures but the phantom 5 looks beautiful ???

7. SweetSusie says:

Let me start by saying that the pictures look fabulous. Good job.. Honestly, this looks premium misstechy.. For one I love the finger print sensor fab fab fab. Also those who are saying the price is too much.. I mean I read somewhere that some yeye bloggers because they are vexed that tecno did not give them device are spewing out nonsense about the device. I don’t blame them if the case was reversed they’d be ass kissers. This is premium by all standard and no I don’t work for tecno… Nigerians like awoof but I’m your liking of awoof give credit when due and this device is proving that tecno who has come a long way are ready to take over… Misstechy can’t wait for the full review so I can buy the device.. To all the blogger haters reading this.. Shame to bad people..

8. emmaedeh says:

Thanks for the update. I reasoned as much after tecno states the phone is 6.8 mm thin. they just measured the thinnest part. phone looks pretty.
    waiting for your video review.

I’ll keep saying this, phantom 5 is my next phone.

1. Chisome says:

Buy my own too

10. emakind says:

kudos to tecno…nice try out to low end users..but wat am really seeing about this smartphone is that tecno is just trying to copy huawei’s mate 7 mode…tecni is really trying shar…but let dem try nd b creative on deir own nd stop making anoda brands old product their flagship..just d difrence in versions..kudos tecno,but m huawei or nafin

11. Osakwe tochukwu says:

Miss techy i like ur website. Ur the first tech blog to give us unboxing revoew of the new tecno phantom 5. Pls i wanna join ur team….how can i work wit you?

12. Osakwe tochukwu says:

Really nice device…thumbs up tecno. Miss techy i would like to see a side by side comparison of this device and its predecessor (the phantom z) i would like to see speed test between the two devices…multitasking test…camera test…battery endurance test between the two phantom devices to show us if this is a true upgrade in real world performance or just paper propaganda. Phantom z is a very cool device and i wanna see if this device is a true upgrade.

13. Lewis Daniel says:

I never believed in Tecno until I saw this, its a huge step forward for them

1. Chisome says:

I wasn’t a fan either. but i must say they are doing great

14. Ayomi says:

Just got my copy of the phantom 5. It a nice with sharp camera and speaker is fantastic. Worth the price! But it should have been named Phantom Z Pro honestly, I still miss my Phantom Z sob. And expecting another update soom to fixed minor bugs on this device…

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Lol @Ayomi, glad you love it.

15. Nathaniel says:

Please how is the micro sd card placed on the memory card tray, am kinda finding it difficult to insert… Please help miss Tobi Ayeni.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hi Nathaniel,Hold on a bit, lemme do a mini gif/video for you. I will upload it as a picture here

16. micheal adeniji says:

Bravo Tecno all the way 4rm tecno n3…

17. Bar Baric says:

Is the video for inserting the memory card ready yet?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

I will upload it as a gif in a bit

18. Samson Mamus says:

Hi, nice review, need to know of I can get same out-of the box screen protector for Phantom 5, I accidentally removed and squeezed mine not actually knowing that I removed screen protector along with wrap.
    Thanks…

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hey Samson, have you checked on Jumia or Konga?

19. Ernest says:

Wow what a special phone its indeed worth using but how do we get its case to buy when ones own is damage

20. Emmaikos says:

Please I need an advice on whether to buy a phantom 5 or a Z30. With good reasons.