Reviews

Whoop!!
If you’ve been following my Camon C8’s review, you should remember me saying I would be comparing the Camon C8 with so many devices and by so  many I mean, The Samsung S5, S4. the Infinix Hot 2, and finally Yass! the NX300 … double YAASS!!!!
You see why I can’t do all that in the previous post?
Moving on, let’s get straight to business. Hope you are excited??
P.S:  I tried to ensure that the phones used stayed in the pictures I took so you can tell which device was used to take which(i.e. When taken with the Camon C8, the other devices were in the pictures and vice versa except in rare occurrences such as the outdoor and the zoom test).

THE CAMON C8 VS THE SAMSUNG S5.

The Samsung Galaxy S5’s camera really disappointed me. I wasn’t a fan, but I still got disappointed. I took the camon C8 and the S5’s camera to test – Indoor test and outdoor test. I won’t say much.. You be the judge!

OUTDOOR TEST

For the pictures below: The first picture was taken with the S5, while the second was taken with the Camon C8
Custom Office Templates1

Custom Office Templates

Custom Office Templates3

SAMSUNG S4 VS THE CAMON C8

To test the Camon C8’s dual flash, I paired it against the Galaxy S4 which has a single flash.  For this test, you should expect to see the Camon C8 thrive above the S4 given its dual flash. See the results below::

Low Light Test

Like the previous one, the Samsung S4 took the first shot, while the Camon C8 took the second.
Lenovo Photo Master

Camera

INFINIX HOT 2 VS THE CAMON C8

People might think both shouldn’t be compared since they don’t have the same specs. However, since this is not  a camera spec comparison, (We are just trying to see how the hyped Camon C8’s camera fares against its direct or indirect competitors) the Infinix Hot 2’s front camera was kept in the mix

Front Camera Test.

Infinix Hot 2

as

The Camon C8

With flash (note that the flash gives red-eye sometimes).

IMG_20150830_140755Tecno Camon C8 Camera Comparison: Camon C8 Vs NX300

Tecno Camon C8 Camera Comparison: Camon C8 Vs Infinix Hot 2

without flash:
IMG_20150830_140812

THE NX300 VS THE CAMON C8

Lol, this was for fun. I know the Camon C8’s camera doesn’t stand a chance with the NX300, but I thought the difference wouldn’t be so much, boy was I wrong. I tried out the zooming capabilities of the Camon C8  from a not so far distance, see the results below:

Zoom Test

The first picture was taken with the NX300 while the second was taken with the Camon C8
Pay close attention to the bird.
Tcno

Tcno1

The first picture was taken with the Camon C8 while the second was taken with the NX300.
Tcno2
I am going to leave this open to you guys, based on the Camon C8’s camera, should I continue this relationship with the Camon C8 or is it a side chic material. What say you?
Update: I removed the indoor test becasue there was a picture mismatch

73 comments on “Tecno Camon C8 Camera Comparison: Camon C8 vs. Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Infinix Hot 2, And The NX300 – You Be The Judge!

1. Emma says:

Disappointed, It’s camera definitely doesn’t live up to the hype.

1. SexyChiChi says:

It has actually

2. Kelvin says:

Nice Job Tobi..
    I can only imagine the stress you went through to put this together.
    Now back to the camera , I think Camon C8 is OKAY , considering the price but does it live up to the hype? I don’t think so.

1. KENSHI says:

True Kelv. Considering the price. I think it did OKAY. I however noticed different distances from Camera to object taken in this test. That would definitely cause differences like that given in the comparison between the S4 and Camon indoor flash on test, same with the NX comparison (I however do not expect the Camon to beat the NX, but it seemed to pull some stunt with the small tree).
      In fact, I change my mind. I think it is definitely worth the hype.

2. eYinka says:

When I tell people the camera is over-hyped, they think I’m from Mars.
      Well, I just came to read the comments 😀

3. DY says:

Actually, i have nothing to say. But url on the cars made me laugh 😀

4. DY says:

Actually, i have nothing to say. But the url on the cars made me laugh 😀

1. JanethEze says:

Why is that ?

5. DY says:

Yeah great job!

6. DY says:

But wait o, do you actually play with that toy? 😀

7. Olajide says:

It’s too hyped for me, just imagine some dudes comparing the camera with that of iPhone 6. Too bad!
    As long as it doesnt offer 2GB RAM and not even sure of future Android updates via OTA. Its a no for me. I can actually wait for Xiaomi to arrive 😀
    Nice one Tobi, you did a good job. Impressive!

8. Edi Dominic says:

You tried snapping all these pics and putting all up here, Camon C8 is a nice smartphone, Lollipop, great embedded camera tools/features, but I still must say the 13MP camera is just Hyped honestly, users will still do some Editing to make their pics look great.
    And I noticed the Hot2 Front 2MP was quite better than that of the C8 too, that’s apart. Know also that Infinix Zero2 even beats Camon C8 despite they’re all 13MP.
    I used to think Tecno was best at producing best Cameras amongst other MTK smartphones, but others seem to have gotten better.
    When it comes to best Cameras on Tecno phones I’d go for their Tecno R7, Phantom Z and Z-mini. I’ve played with these gadgets, Every other model Tecno released is not up to that standard.

1. eYinka says:

Boss, you just ‘chook’ the nail at the right place. People will not hear the words of we the evangelists. *sips frog tea*

1. Je suis David says:

lol. okay Kermit, but their prices are of different classes. I think that nail should be melted.

2. Anonymous says:

And hve u tot of d amount of r7 n phantom Z compared 2 c8

3. Mcsilvannoel says:

So, between tecno camon c8 and tecno r7 which is the best in terms of camera???

9. Ray says:

The Camon c8 Camera is way better than the Samsung which is evident in how sharp its pictures are and more brighter than the Samsung. The selfie camera in low light isn’t that good. You should have done one picture of them taken outside in the day.
    A very good camera phone given the price.

1. KENSHI says:

True, the low light selfie kinda disappointed. However, the shadow casts suggest some sort of discrepancy in camera conditions. Something about the lighting condition or camera position was inconsistent. Here’s why any judgement in this case could be flawed.

10. Ray says:

A very good camera phone given the price

11. Bastian Grey says:

i agree with Edi about the front camera not being as good as the ifinix for the picture here

12. sammy kiddy says:

the camon c8 camera is okay. it was better than the samsung s4 and s6 cameras yhe only problem i have with it is the front camera

1. Samm says:

I don’t think she compared it with Samsung S6..i mean, that’d be a total defeat..
      I wonder why there isn’t a comparison between CAMON C8 and iPhone 6 😛 I heard some brothers saying “Tecno” camon c8 had a better camera.

13. BenKafor says:

The other cameras are cool but The camon c8 brings out the details in pictures which is really good

1. KENSHI says:

Yeah! I noticed better details in some of the Camon pictures too. Not all though.

14. JanethEze says:

I have taken a picture with the camon phone and it looks even better than the pictures i see here. Let us bare in mind that these pictures were not taken in the EXACT SAME conditions.

15. SexyChiChi says:

The C8 pictures look better

1. SweetSusie says:

E b like say something dey for your eyes

2. KENSHI says:

not in all cases… it did great nonetheless considering the price.

16. KENSHI says:

Well.. I wouldn’t say the Camon did bad. Did great with the S5. I was surprised to see it doing brighter. Still maintained some brightness in low light. S5 did different with image Contrast specially in low light. The double flash kinda killed the S4 though. As for the NX, I reserve my comment.

1. KENSHI says:

I’m 80% impressed with this one. LOL. Would love to see more comparisons. Maybe with the Sony or the Microsoft. Camon seemed to kill the Samsung already *tears*

17. SolaJ says:

Nice. I clap… the Tecno did not disappoint me.

18. innocent says:

yayy…you’ve finally moved to pc…congrats

19. innocent says:

abeg misstechy my sister is contemplating buying a zero 2 for all its freshness or camon c8 since its camera is quite cool…p.s she likes pictures buh doesn’t fancy the idea of loosing 150k to apple

20. innocent says:

abeg misstechy my sister is contemplating buying a zero 2 for all its freshness or camon c8 since its camera is quite cool…p.s she likes pictures buh doesn’t fancy the idea of giving 150k to apple

21. Mike says:

I think in the low light test with the Samsung Galaxy s4, the Camon C8 performed poorly. It also performed poorly in the selfie test with infinix hot 2 though I seem to think that the infinix hot 2 may have been assisted with brighter lighting… Am not a picture expert though

22. Ememobong says:

Your labelling was poor so kind of leaves one a bit confused. Which camera took which picture?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hello Ememobong, apologies, I have rectified this by highlighting which camera took which.

23. ME says:

I gbadu your review, but the first comparison between samsung S5 and tecno c8 (without flash) is an outright scam as i can see the shadow created by the Tecno flash, whereas flash was not used for the samsung.
    Honesty my friend, honesty.

24. Jeffery says:

To me these is a scam cammon c8 is nothing to be compared with s5 considering the amount

25. felix says:

you are right @jeffery

26. Sir-pimpsB says:

Ah ah be honest na, imagine for ur first comparisn wit d s5 u said d camon was brighter now wit d nx300 the camon was even darker than dat of s5’s pix, why wud u compare tecno to top phones i won’t accept tecno until GSMarena, techradar, cnet, trustedreview and phonearena hav verified thier standards, not even the mighty lg g3 can win the s5 in terms of camera quality and display quality we dont even know the display tech of the camon, its ppi and resolution, dont u know dat display tech matterz alot in pic quality.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

I don’t understand sir pimps

27. Munachi says:

miss tecky,why cant my tecno c8 play high quality games like gta3,asphalt8 etc…….it pops up ”unfortunately game has stoped”.pls what should i do?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hello Munachi, what is internal storage space left on your device?

28. hurlastretch says:

Pls, I need a comment from someone that actually uses d fon..Tecno C8 I mean..One can only tell truly from a testimony from such person. I use Infinix Hot note now,it’s actually cool bh I’m finkin of getting Tecno C8, dont wanna make a mistake…. Anyone?? Thanks

29. presh says:

I’m thinking of buying camon c8 but I dunno if I should,is it really gud@misstechy or anyone dat has used d camon c8?????

30. presh says:

I’m thinking of buying camon c8 but I dunno if I should,is it really gud 4 d price@misstechy or anyone dat has used d camon c8?????

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hi Presh, The camera and the Ui on the Camon c8 is quite okay, however, of late, I have noticed that some apps like Instagram shuts down intermittently, hopefully a system update might fix that. Also, since it is 1GB RAM, some gamees like Mortal Kombat X and other games that require 2GB RAM and above might not run on the C8.

31. presh says:

thanks,pls what about FIFA?

32. Anonymous says:

well for me da canon c8 is gud but can nvr be compared wit my tecno R7…tecno finish work for dia…no comparison wit Canon C8

33. James Nnabeze says:

Firstly the camera did great against the s5 and s4 secondly comparing it to the nx300 a digital camera feels out of place to me of which I know even the s6 or any phone camera can’t stand up to and for those saying the camera doesn’t live up to the hype please ask your self if any phone can stand against a digital camera

34. Bolaji says:

I’m confused on with phone to buy between hot 2 and camon c8

35. Lawal A. A. says:

I’m confused on which phone to buy between Tecno Camon C8, Tecno R7 and Infinix Hot Note Pro.
    Help please!

36. Sensyno says:

37. Sensyno says:

I am in huge confusion here, pls miss techy please advice me in terms of both phone and internet speed, actual picture quality, memory, strength and overall general performance of the tecno c8, r7 and infinix hot note pro with references to(Explaining)the RAM, android version and processor. I hope u see this sooner because i want to get either of them on saturday this week and wholly depend on your verdict and advice to get one.. Pls reply pls.

38. carole Techy says:

The Camon C8 is a great camera phone especially the rear camera. It is very very good

39. Je suis David says:

Veeeeeery veeeeeery controversial. *sips tea* but that’s none of my business. *hops away*

40. hemmaxtee says:

pls compare canon c8 with d new infinix big
    6 and let’s see d difference

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Will definitely do. Also expect a live video comparison too. 🙂

41. XhakaJavier says:

When its not that i have eye problem, beginning to wonder if the camera is actually camon c8 or that of iphone.. its just too sharp

42. James Nnabeze says:

Hey guys tecno Now has a bbm channel called tecno Nigeria get tips news and app recommendations directly on your bbm pin C004E43D0

43. AlabiKolade says:

The Camon c8 is more cheaper and the quality is above standards. Your getting more than you pay for. And the Camera, Top notch

44. Anonymous says:

Which one do I buy c8 or infinx hot

45. Pearl says:

I have used galaxy x5 and I can tell u that d only good camera in it is camera 360.d normal camera can’t b compared with canon c8.my sis uses c8 and her camera rocks.

46. WeeZy says:

Apart from camera spec, I want to know which is faster in terms of speed; Camon C8 or Hot 2(GB)

47. Jay Bee says:

I want to buy a SMARTFON But I need advise on chosing btn
    -HTC
    -Tecno C8
    -Samsung s9
    -Microsoft Duo sim
    -Vodafon Incus
    especially from those who have used dz fon. Am JayBEE from Uganda

48. Eddy says:

Hello pals am using de Camon C8 n it’s camera passes de IPhone6…. Am nt lying pls. U can check my pictures by searching me on facebook ” Eddy Yaw Abeka ” . Tnx

49. Fastidious answer back in return of this query with solid arguments and
    telling the whole thing concerning that.

50. Martin wanje says: