This Is NCC's Solution To Those Annoying Spam Text Messages We Receive.

I am sure we’ve all  been swarmed with Spam text messages from our various Mobile networks.  If you haven’t, you either just got a new line (I am giving you 2 days to get initiated into the system) or you are not from Nigeria.

This Is NCC's Solution To Those Annoying Spam Text Messages We Receive.

This Is NCC’s Solution To Those Annoying Spam Text Messages We Receive.

It appears that there might be a bit of good news  – NCC has stated that all Mobile network operators must provide an avenue where subscribers can opt-out of any service they are offering. However,  This might entail you sending “STOP” or “DEACTIVATE” to the number that sends the messages (we all know they are many).
Honestly, in the first place, I think it is wrong for any Mobile network provider to send me messages without me subscribing. Secondly, I don’t know about you, but sending stop messages individually to these numbers can be extremely tiring.
What do you think?

15 comments on “This Is NCC's Solution To Those Annoying Spam Text Messages We Receive.

1. Awesomecaye says:

Misstechy, if it makes you feel any better; my mother receives over forty of those unsolicited messages on a daily basis

2. YEAH SURE WE NEED A BETTER SOLUTION TO THIS MENACE. ITS JUST SO ANNOYING THEY TEXT AND EVEN CALL WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING AN IMPORTANT CALL OR A BANK ALERT….ANYWAYS ALERT NAH ALERT GODWIN!!!!!!!

3. Joshua says:

At least it’s better than not being able to do anything at all

4. kaybang says:

i’ve been sending “STOP”(it was an option back then) to those useless numbers 4 how many decades now, and still nothing happened. And besides this is the same NCC we are talking about. The same people who beg those mobile network operators to pay their fines(as in NCC fined them o) when they violate laws(like dey always do).
    Nah… NCC are not exactly in my list of trustworthy companies right now. I’ll try it sha & see if it works. But i won’t hold my breath on it. Infact, i thought they released one NCC customer care number for people to call if they had problems with their mobile network operators?? Is dat sh*t working??

5. Pelwal says:

ASAP they suld be quick dose mesages are realy frustrating

6. Pelwal says:

Those mesages are really frustrating

7. Chidexta says:

Oh really, like it would actually work.
    This is naija for crying out loud

8. kaybang says:

just look @ dese people. So i received a spam message on my airtel line(from 520 or somefin like dat), i smile sheepishly in the knowledge that NCC has invested in me the power to banish such messages for good. So i send d almighty “STOP” and guess what, i receive a message telling me i wasn’t subscribed to the service being rendered by the spam number so there was nothing to “STOP”. LOOLLL so that means until i subscribe for that service, i’ll continue receiving d spam message abi?? SMH. bags of sh*t

9. DY says:

I think sending STOP or DEACTIVATE is a waste of time. Mtn itself should just a one time message to users, “Would you ever be interested in messages from 4100, etc. Reply with either yes, no, or maybe” if I send NO. It all stops forever

10. DY says:

DYAccount is the most annoying to me. They send lots of messages at short intervals daily.

11. DY says:

I’ve never even entered a diamond bank not to talk of having an account there!

12. kaybang says:

stop denying them the right to hustle 4 customers nah…. Any which way na way

I’m just seeing this, its tiring to send STOP or DEACTIVATE to those numbers one by one but its better, being tired is better than being annoyed by those short code messages.