When many Phone manufacturers shy away from the Windows Mobile OS, this not-so-popular phone manufacturer NuAns has created what can be considered to be a very unique looking Windows phone, they call it the Neo.
The device has been launched in Japan, but the company is hoping to bring it to other parts of the world through a Kickstarter campaign.
Before I delve into the specs, I must warn you that the device’s USP is the look, so don’t be too disappointed when you see the specs. For one, Neo is sold as the “Core,” which is the phone itself without a back panel.
To have a rear, you can either get the Flip, which is a wallet case (That can be used to store your credit cards) or a pair of two-tone panels, which use materials like wood and synthetic leather.
With that said, NuAns Neo comes with a 5-inch 720p HD display packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 chipset. There is also 2GB of RAM, a 13MP rear-facing camera & 5MP front facing camera, an anti-fingerprint coating, a 3,350mAh battery, and will connect via USB-C. Not bad, actually.
See the full specifications:
- Weight : About 150g
- OS : Windows 10 Mobile
- CPU : Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952) – Cortex-A53 Octa-core 1.5Ghz
- Memory : 2GB RAM / 16GB Storage and microSD slot
- SIM : micro-SIM (nano SIM adapter is included)
- Support band : 2G Quad band 3G?Band 1/6/8/9/19 42Mbps/5.76Mbps 4G LTE?Band 1/3/8/19/28 Cat.4 Up to 150Mbps.
- Display : 5 inch 1280*720 with anti-fingerprint coating
- Camera : 13MP, F2.0, BSI, 28mm Lens (back) / 5MP, F2.4, BSI, 24mm Lens (front)
- Battery : 3,350mAh, standby more than 400 mins
- WLAN : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- One speaker, two microphones
- USB Type-C (support Quick Charge 2.0)
- size : 141 x 74.2 x 11.3mm
Cost? About $270, that is about N67,500 (@ an exchange rate of 250). Like I said, Neo isn’t about what is inside, but what is outside. But based on that, do you consider yourself wowed?