I don’t know which of the genders would like this new update, but Google has quietly added a robotic male voice to its Google assistant.
Henceforth, you can choose between the male (Voice II) or the female voice (Voice 1) option. To do this, head over to
- Open the Google Assistant app by long pressing the home button.
- Tap on the three-dot menu button and open Settings
- Open Preferences and then Assistant Voice.
- Switch from Voice I (female) to Voice II (male).
- If you don’t see it yet, try updating your Google app.
I tried it for 5 minutes and back to the female.